Upgraded PARts Online lookup for live data view
The PARts Online interface was the first thing we built back in the day so we thought it was time to give it a much needed overhaul.
The main role of PARts Online is to allow data users and parts Sellers see their available data live showing all the various fields available to them as their main lookup. This is also useful for brands and suppliers to check how their data looks via a retail style interface to make sure they are seeing or publishing all the data available and in the right format.
Unlike the distribution data that may have some synchronisation lag, the Online interface is live to the production database and so is also the most current and correct view of the data at any time.
The most important changes and improvements for this update are;
- Better, “retail” style interface with category images and easier filtering by standard description, brand, position and other options
- Speed. Though still being improved, the new lookup is a lot faster despite searching through literally millions of products
- Search by K-Types, VID or part number direct from the menu at any time
- More product detail in a more familiar format for each product including application reverse look-up and X-ref
- Better handling of criteria and attribute information
- Updated dynamic, content specific feedback system that directs enquiry straight to the supplier or the developers
We have more plans for this interface in the near future and will continue to upgrade the features. That will also mean addition of VIN and Rego lookup, ability to see technical and service data and in overall respects being the main view into the data you subscribe to and need to see.